Online citations, reference lists, and bibliographies.
← Back to Search

Fifteen Years In The Evaluation Of Extrapleural Pneumonectomy: Lessons To Be Learned.

T. Treasure, F. Macbeth
Published 2015 · Medicine

Cite This
Download PDF
Analyze on Scholarcy
Share
From 2001 to 2010, a total of 447 patients were recorded in Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) International MesotheliomaProgramPatient DataRegistryashavinghadextrapleural pneumonectomy (EPP). Patterns of recurrence among 169 (38%) who had undergone initial EPP are reported. The remaining 62% of patients, treated initially with chemotherapy, were excluded as ‘‘a distinct cohort with poorer prognosis.’’ Median survival was 15 months for the EPP-first patients, and evidently shorter 1 for the remaining 62%.
This paper references
10.1016/j.jtcvs.2009.02.046
Extrapleural pneumonectomy followed by intracavitary intraoperative hyperthermic cisplatin with pharmacologic cytoprotection for treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma: a phase II prospective study.
T. R. Tilleman (2009)
10.1016/j.jtcvs.2007.10.054
Extrapleural pneumonectomy versus pleurectomy/decortication in the surgical management of malignant pleural mesothelioma: results in 663 patients.
R. Flores (2008)
10.1016/J.JTCVS.2007.02.014
Ten traps for the unwary in surgical series: a case study in mesothelioma reports.
T. Treasure (2007)
10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60795-9
Surgical resection of mesothelioma: an evidence-free practice
Y. Lee (2014)
10.1136/bmj.d2175
The true cost of pharmacological disease prevention
T. Järvinen (2011)
10.1097/JTO.0b013e31815608d9
Prognostic Factors in the Treatment of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma at a Large Tertiary Referral Center
R. Flores (2007)
10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60418-9
Efficacy and cost of video-assisted thoracoscopic partial pleurectomy versus talc pleurodesis in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MesoVATS): an open-label, randomised, controlled trial
R. Rintoul (2014)
10.1136/thoraxjnl-2013-203846
Surgery in the treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma: recruitment into trials should be the default position
A. Datta (2013)
So Much for That
Lionel Shriver (2001)
10.1016/j.ejcts.2010.02.028
Obtaining an upper estimate of the survival benefit associated with surgery for mesothelioma.
M. Utley (2010)
10.1136/BMJ.328.7434.237
Radical surgery for mesothelioma
T. Treasure (2004)
10.1016/j.athoracsur.2013.05.070
Pulmonary metastasectomy: are observational studies sufficient evidence for effectiveness?
F. Fiorentino (2013)
10.1016/S0022-5223(99)70469-1
Resection margins, extrapleural nodal status, and cell type determine postoperative long-term survival in trimodality therapy of malignant pleural mesothelioma: results in 183 patients.
D. Sugarbaker (1999)
10.1016/J.ATHORACSUR.2007.04.076
Outcomes after extrapleural pneumonectomy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma.
D. Rice (2007)
10.1136/bmj.b5087
Problem of immortal time bias in cohort studies: example using statins for preventing progression of diabetes
L. Lévesque (2010)
10.1097/JTO.0b013e318286c72b
MARS: a sense of perspective and an inconvenient truth.
T. Treasure (2013)
10.1016/J.JTCVS.2004.02.021
Prevention, early detection, and management of complications after 328 consecutive extrapleural pneumonectomies.
D. Sugarbaker (2004)
10.1016/j.jtcvs.2014.10.128
Updated patterns of failure after multimodality therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma.
E. Baldini (2015)
10.1097/JTO.0b013e3181ae26ae
The Mesothelioma and Radical Surgery Randomized Controlled Trial: The MARS Feasibility Study
T. Treasure (2009)
10.1016/j.lungcan.2011.12.009
Extrapleural pneumonectomy for early stage malignant pleural mesothelioma: a harmful procedure.
O. Rena (2012)
10.1016/S1470-2045(11)70149-8
Extra-pleural pneumonectomy versus no extra-pleural pneumonectomy for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: clinical outcomes of the Mesothelioma and Radical Surgery (MARS) randomised feasibility study
T. Treasure (2011)
10.1136/bmj.39070.527986.68
When are randomised trials unnecessary? Picking signal from noise
P. Glasziou (2007)
10.1634/THEONCOLOGIST.4-6-488
Contemporary management of malignant pleural mesothelioma.
E. Butchart (1999)
10.1093/ejcts/ezu001
Surgery for malignant pleural mesothelioma: why we need controlled trials.
T. Treasure (2014)
10.1038/sj.bjc.6690105
The European mesothelioma epidemic
J. Peto (1999)



This paper is referenced by
Semantic Scholar Logo Some data provided by SemanticScholar