Announcment: Citationsy is now completely free! More Info ⇢
Citationsy Release Notes
February 19th, 2017
February 18th, 2017
- Fixed a bug with colour selection
- Added a new GIF to the frontpage
- Fixed a copy-paste bug in the iOS app
February 14th, 2017
- UI Overhaul
- Added ability to delete projects
February 13th, 2017
- Updated the footer
- Changed the way project invitations are sent out
February 12th, 2017
February 9th, 2017
- Signup page now checks for common misspellings (like gmail.com)
January 23rd, 2017
- Citationsy is now free for everyone, forever
January 11th, 2017
- Updated university logos
- Added URL validation to website referencing
- Working on something extremely cool that’s still secret
January 10th, 2017
- Completely re-wrote the way citation style names are handled.
- Added 7.000 new styles 🙌🏽
- Citationsy now supports 8961 citation styles
January 8th, 2017
- Patched the server against Spectre and Meltdown.
- Fixed a problem with sending the Invite Collaborator emails
- Fixed a problem with Cyrillic names
January 7th, 2017
- Fixed a bug with white-space in titles
January 6th, 2017
- Changed the way the Continue button looks on mobile. It’s now permanently attached to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed a bug with the reference adding buttons on mobile.
- Made a couple buttons darker in nightmode on mobile
- Fixed some missing fields in Edit view
- Fixed a bug with the or add manually button
January 4th, 2017
- Changed the label on the date of publication field
January 3rd, 2017
December 23rd, 2017
- Fixed a bug with journal names
- Fixed a bug with spaces after page numbers, volume numbers, ISBNs, and DOIs
December 12th, 2017
December 3rd, 2017
- Tiny bug fix on project page
December 2nd, 2017
November 25th, 2017
- Fixed a problem with the menu on the blog
November 23rd, 2017
- Small adjustments to the blog
November 19th, 2017
- Tiny bug in Journal Article search squished
- Improved automatic referencing of Behance projects
November 18th, 2017
- Fixed a problem with date handling
November 17th, 2017
- Added some animations to the project overview
November 15th, 2017
- Added a Cancel button to reference adding
November 14th, 2017
- Fixed a bug in the Chicago citation style
November 12th, 2017
- Fixed a bug in country detection
November 9th, 2017
- Finally added the ability for people to pay in their local currency, which lets them avoid paying currency conversion charges
- More payment page changes
- Alphabetic sorting fix
November 4th, 2017
October 26th, 2017
- A couple changes to the payment page
October 22nd, 2017
October 20th, 2017
- Fixed a bug where in some cases type was displayed bolder in Firefox
October 19th, 2017
- Added a Status Page
- Fixed bottom Feedback link vanishing behing the orange trial bar
October 18th, 2017
- Added support for citing a specific Quora Answer (see blog post
- Lots of fixes for the responsive versions
October 12th, 2017
- Fixed a bug where dates were sometimes being saved incorrectly
- Re-activated the Goodreads API!
October 6th, 2017
- Fixed the website error reporting function
- Small typo on Privacy Page (thanks, Mustafa!)
October 5th, 2017
- Fixed a small bug that had to do with how last names were displayed
- Added Emoji support ✌🏽
September 29th, 2017
- Updated some stuff that will improve the way substitutions in references are displayed.
September 28th, 2017
- Slight tweaks to the colors in Night Mode.
- Added an inline signup area to the frontpage
September 27th, 2017
- Fixed a bug on the export page where it would say you had one day left in your trial when you didn’t.
September 26th, 2017
- Tiny change to the payment page to make it clearer that the plans don’t automatically renew
September 24th, 2017
September 22nd, 2017
- Built a blog!
- Added an annoying trial alert thingie bar
- Small changes to payment page
September 18th, 2017
- Fixed exporting Projects after the trial ends
September 14th, 2017
- Added alphabetical reference sorting
September 2nd, 2017
- Added automagic music referencing
August 24th, 2017
- Fixed a weird JSON-related bug
August 20th, 2017
August 19th, 2017
- Fixed a small security bug
- Password reset fixed
- Added CCCU Harvard Style
August 18th, 2017
- Small visual changes, added Feedback button.
August 17th, 2017
- Laid the groundwork for a new feature I am very excited about
August 10th, 2017
- Fixed a problem with very long URLs in references
August 9th, 2017
- Added some stuff to the frontpage
- Changed some CSS stuff
August 8th, 2017
- Fixed YouTube referencing
August 1st, 2017
- Revamped project view, adding ability to copy in-text references
July 31st, 2017
- Added shared projects. Invite another Citationsy user and work on a project together.
- Moved things around a bit
July 30th, 2017
- After creating a new project you are now redirected to it.
July 28th, 2017
- Website info fetching speed improved by ~10%
July 27th, 2017
- Fixed the journal article DOI link
- Fixed a bug with date of publication on some books
- You can now export your references after your trial ends. Wanted to add this from the begining, but obviously had to wait until the export feature was done.
- Improved the way author names are handled in certain situations
July 26th, 2017
- Bug fixed where editing a webpage reference would delete the URL.
July 25th, 2017
- Brand-New book search now allows searching by Title and Author, as well as ISBN. Book info is slightly better sourced, but more improvements to come.
July 21st, 2017
- Tiny change to project view that fixes very long URLs
- Fixed a bug with book published dates.
July 18th, 2017
- Added BibTeX Export. Could still be buggy.
- Fixed a typo (its / it’s)
- Made login link on frontpage slightly larger
- Reduced main project view size by about 600KB by changing the serif typeface from Charis to Georgia. Might switch back.
July 17th, 2017
- Fixed a rather embarrasing bug where in numbered styles (IEEE for example) all the numbers would be .
- Updated a bunch of uninteresting stuff on the server that might makes things run better but could just as well break in random places
July 16th, 2017
- Project view updated to look more like the old Export view.
- Download as CSL-JSON added
- Download as BibTeX coming soon!
- Minor speed improvements
- Major backend improvements to the way references are saved
- Style selection is now possible right from the project view
- Style selection is now permanent
- In addition to the previous automagic adding of references you can now add references manually
- Thanks to the new manual mode there is now support for way more reference types (and more to come in the near future)
- Groundwork laid for the import/export feature coming soon
- Server RAM doubled
- You can now add multiple authors everywhere!
- Access date is editable
- Chatbox is now only loaded when the chat button is clicked. Saves around 774KB and 34 requests on each page.
- Fixed various little bugs