Investigative Genetics Referencing Guide
This is the Citationsy guide to Investigative Genetics citations, reference lists, in-text citations, and bibliographies.
How to do citations in Investigative Genetics style?
The complete, comprehensive guide shows you how easy citing any source can be. Referencing books, youtube videos, websites, articles, journals, podcasts, images, videos, or music in Investigative Genetics.
How do you cite a book in the Investigative Genetics referencing style?Here’s an example book citation in Investigative Genetics using placeholders:
1. Last Name FN. Title. Edition. Editor Last Name EFN, editor. City: Publisher; 2000.
Investigative Genetics citation:
1. Rowling JK. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. 1st ed. London: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc; 1997.
How to reference a journal article in the Investigative Genetics citation style?
Here’s a Investigative Genetics journal citation example using placeholders:
How do you cite scientific papers in Investigative Genetics format?
1. Author1 LastnameAF, Author3 LastnameAF. Title. Container [Internet]. Journal Name; 2000 [cited 2020Mar.30];Volume:pages Used. URL
1. Petit C, Sieffermann J. Testing consumer preferences for iced-coffee: Does the drinking environment have any influence?. [Internet]. Food Quality and Preference; 2007 [cited 2020Mar.30];18:161-72. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2006.05.008
How to cite a website in a paper in Investigative Genetics style?Here’s an Investigative Genetics example website reference:
1. Author1 LastnameAF, Author2 LastnameAF. Title [Internet]. Publisher; 2000 [cited 2020Mar.30]. https://www.example.com
on The Guardian website:
1. Tran M. Barack Obama To Be America’s First Black President [Internet]. The Guardian; 2008 [cited 2020Mar.30]. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/05/uselections20083
Citing websites and links in Investigative Genetics is much easier with the Citationsy Chrome Extension →
How to cite a YouTube video Investigative GeneticsHere’s a Investigative Genetics citation YouTube video example:
1. ChannelName. Title [Internet]. YouTube. 2000 [cited 2020Mar.30]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
1. Pixar. Pizza Clip — Inside Out [Internet]. YouTube. 2015 [cited 2020Mar.30]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W6rntBADUQ
How to cite a podcast using Investigative Genetics referencing styleIt is becoming more and more common to reference podcasts in essays or other school work.
Here’s how to reference a podcast it in Investigative Genetics.
1. Lastname F. Title [Internet]. Publisher; 2000 [cited 2020Mar.30]. http://www.example.com
1. This American Life. 640: Five Women [Internet]. WBEZ Radio; 2018 [cited 2020Mar.30]. https://thisamericanlife.org/640/five-women
How to cite a piece of music or a song using Investigative Genetics referencing style?An example song citation in Investigative Genetics.
1. Lastname F. Song Title [Internet]. Album. 2000 [cited 2020Mar.30]. http://www.example.com
1. The Beatles. Here Comes the Sun [Internet]. Abbey Road. 1969 [cited 2020Mar.30]. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/here-comes-the-sun/401186200?i=401187150
You can automate citing and referencing any source in Investigative Genetics using Citationsy.
Cite sources using the Investigative Genetics Citation Machine
Citationsy is a reference management used by more than 200 000 students, academics, and researchers around the world.
It’s free to use and has iPhone and Android apps available. Sign up now →